Hey guys, are up for some healthy snacks? You could switch up the shredded almonds with shredded walnuts or else. Or agave syrup for coconut sugar or whatever kind of sweeter / sugar you prefer. The consistency should be sticky, but not too much, if you add a little bit of warm coconut oil they will become very solid once put in the freezer. I will definitely post more of those snack types in the future.
– ALMOND & WHITE CHOCOLATE ENERGY BALLS –
for 2; vegan & gluten free
– 2 handfuls of white cacao butter
– 1 tbsp. of vanilla sugar
– 1 tbsp. of agave syrup
– 1 glass (0,3l) of coconut flakes
– 300 ml of wheat bran / shredded oats
– 4 handfuls of (ground) almonds
+ cocotella (bought mine on a market in Barbados)
1. Shred almonds and oats if necessary.
2. Heat white chocolate with agave syrup and vanilla sugar and mix well with the rest of the ingredients until you have a mass that is easy to form.
3. Form small balls and coat with some left over coconut flakes if you want to.
4. You can cool them or treat yourself right away. Enjoy.
Almonds reduce heart attack risk. Those who consume nuts five times a week have about a 50 percent reduction in risk of heart attack. They lower bad cholesterol and help build strong bones and teeth because of the high amounts of phosphorus. Although nuts are high in fat those who ate nuts at least two times per week were 31 percent less likely to gain weight that were those who never ate them. They help provide good brain function and nourish the nervous system.