Hello fall, you are so windy and wet with random days of sunshine. I’ve kinda come to like you, with all of your flaws. Sudden rains, cloudy skies. Fall is the time of the year to enjoy long walks, bike rides and going for a run because the temperature is just so perfect for those activities. Neither hot, nor cold. So what kind of food am I supposed to embrace? How about some cinnamon quinoa stuffed apples, served with fresh cardamom pear ice cream and a sweet coconut caramel sauce.
for 4; gluten free, vegan
30 g quinoa
50g rolled oats
20g ground flaxseeds
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. honey (sweetener of your choice)
2 tbsp. cinnamon
PEAR CARDAMOM ICE CREAM
2 cardamom capsules
1 EL Demerara sugar (sweetener of your choice)
COCONUT CARAMEL SAUCE
0,3 l of coconut milk
1 tbsp. of coconut oil
2 tbsp. of Demerara powdered sugar (sweetener of your choice)
1. Heat coconut oil, coconut milk and demerara powdered sugar in a pan. Stir constantly
2. As soon as a creamy golden sauce has formed, remove pan from heat. Let cool down, bring into mason jar, and let sit in fridge over night.
1. Soak Cashews in water the evening before. Peel pears, chop them into pieces and freeze over night.
2. The next day blend up frozen pears, cashews and the inside of cardamom capsules with some water to make a smooth ice cream mass. If you don’t have a tamper, use a spoon to help mix up all the ingredients. If you love it sweet, add sugar of your choice.
3. While preparing the baked apples, bring ice cream into 2 or more separate mason jars and freeze them for another half and hour.
1. Wash quinoa and boil for 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Roast rolled oats, ground flaxseeds, and pecan in a pan with coconut oil and honey. After 5 minutes add quinoa, cinnamon and freshly ground nutmeg. Stir well, and roast for another 5 to 10 minutes.
3. „Behead“ and carefully scoop out apples with a teaspoon. No need for really thin walls. It should be easy for you to still fill the apple without it falling apart.
4. Fill apples with quinoa mass and bake in preheated oven at bottom & convection heat for 20 minutes on 170°C.
5. Let cool down for 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream and coconut caramel. Enjoy.