So, this is a delicious blueberry crumble that I made for my very dear friend Manu. She currently lives in Sweden, can’t wait to see her again. Something is missing when she’s not around. The recipe is pretty easy. Making a vegan crumble is not a big deal. Such a lovely pie. You can skip the apple sauce, but I really recommend it. Yum.
– BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE –
for x; vegan
– 150 g of spelt flour
– 1 tsp. of baking powder
– 1 tbsp. of starch
– 2 handfuls of rolled oats
– 30 g of cane sugar
– 300 ml of soy milk
– 300 ml of apple sauce (mine was 1/2 apple, 1/2 plum)
– 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon
– 1/2 tbsp. of vanilla sugar
– 1 tbsp. of salt
– 4 tbsp. of vegan butter
– 2 handfuls of blueberries
+ water if mass is not liquid enough
– 1 handful of spelt flour
– 1 handful of rolled oats
– 2 tbsp. of sugar
– 3 tbsp. of vegan butter (room temperature)
1. Heat oven on 220°C.
2. Mix up dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and salt. Add starch to soy milk and mix well.
3. Melt butter and add with other liquids: soy milk and apple sauce.
4. Cover baking form with baking paper and bring in mass evenly.
5. Leave some apple sauce and cover dough with it before cutting blueberries in half and placing them on top of dough.
6. Let bake for 5 minutes while you prepare crumble.
– For the crumble simple add up all dry ingredients and knead with vegan butter until little crumbles start to form.
– Place them on the cake and keep baking for another 30 to 40 minutes. Enjoy.
Blueberries contain a group of natural phytonutrients which have a unique ability to protect both the watery and fatty parts of the brain against damage from some environmental toxins. Phytonutrients also decrease free radicals levels that are linked to aging and disease. Blueberries are packed with vitamin C, E, riboflavin, niacin, and folate. Studies conclude that compounds in blueberries may reverse some age-related memory loss and motor skill decline.
Oats are great. They have a higher concentration of well-balanced protein than other cereals and they contain a good balance of essential fatty acids, which have been linked with longevity and general good health. They enhance performance when ingested 45 minutes to 1 hour before exercise of moderate intensity.