Hey guys. Thinking of a healthy snack? I am quite fond of celery, but celery fries? I mean c’mon! Best idea ever. The spicy chickpeas are another healthy alternative. They make a great couple.
– CELERY FRIES & SPICY CHICKPEAS –
for two people; vegan & gluten free & low in fructose
– 1 celery root
– 500 g of chickpeas
– 2 chilies
– 4 tsp. red bell pepper powder
– 1 tsp. curry powder
1. Strain chickpeas and mix them up with some salt, chilies, chervil and the curry and red bell pepper powder.
2. Place them on a baking sheet but don’t forget about the baking pan liner paper.
3. Peel the celery and cut it into little fries. Put the fries on a baking sheet as well.
4. Now heat the oven and let put both baking sheets in. (Sadly I can’t really tell you precise heating instructions since my oven is a mess and just does his own thing.) Usually I put it up to 200 – 230° and let it bake for about 15 minutes.
5. You can put the chickpeas in 5 minutes earlier if you want them to be really crispy. Enjoy.
Chickpeas help in weight loss, they are a good protein and iron source. They stabilize blood sugar and lower LDL cholesterol. My favorite energy food.
Celery roots are rich in vitamins A, C, K, and E, essential oils and carotene. They are calming, antiseptic and anti allergic. Recommended to people who suffer from ulcers, gastritis and lack of appetite. They improve the function of the liver and bladder, calm down arthritis pains and improve vision. They can fast process of fat burning and this way assist in speeding up weight loss.