I love holidays, but I am not a very religious person, so for me easter is not really a thing that I actually pay attention too, but I love that my mother in law made us some great vegan easter bread. So I didn’t really get to cook much these days, but what we were urging for was our favorite pancakes – vegan cinnamon & coconut pancakes, because that’s what you eat on a rainy Sunday morning.
– CINNAMON & COCONUT MILK PANCAKES –
for two people; 8 pancakes; vegan & sugar free & gluten free option
– 2 cups of flour ( I used spelt flour )
– 1 cup of shredded coconut
– 2 cups of coconut milk ( I usually separate the liquid from the creamy part )
– 1 mashed banana
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 5 tbsp. of finely grounded flax seeds + some water
– coconut oil ( I didn’t need all of it )
1. Mix flour, shredded coconut, salt and cinnamon in a big bowl.
2. Add some water to the flax seeds and let sit for 5 minutes, mix up with the mashed banana and the two cups of coconut milk. Merge all ingredients.
3. Now heat a little bit of coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat! You can start frying the coconut pancakes.
4. Top with cinnamon, coconut cream, and coconut flakes. Enjoy.
Coconut milk is a rich source of minerals like iron and potassium. It contains vitamins like folate and vitamin B3, C, E. It boosts immune system. Phosphorus keeps teeth and bones strong.
Cinnamon has been proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility, and reduces pain linked to arthritis. Also it reduces chronic inflammation which is linked with neurological disorders like alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors and multiple sclerosis. Contains fiber, calcium, iron and manganese.