Today I have a great breakfast combination for you, it is sweet and healthy and will make your morning just a whole lot better. I am not a morning person. I try to wake up early. And by early I mean 8 am. Problem is that I have to be at the university at 9 am, and I need 15 minutes to get there, 30 minutes for my dogs and at least 15 minutes to get ready. As you see, no time for breakfast, and waking up earlier is just not an option. Never will be. So I figured that preparing breakfast the day before is actually a pretty smart thing. Sometimes I prepare several jars so I won’t have to spend time on preparing breakfast for the next 2 or 3 days.
– COFFEE & OATS – BREAKFAST JAR –
for 2; vegan, sugar free, low in fructose, gluten free
– 2 handfuls of oats
– 2 cups of water (or more depending on oats)
– 2 or more bananas (ripe)
– 2 tbsp. of cacao powder
– 1 handful of almonds
– double espresso
1. Place oats in jars and slightly cover with water (don’t over do it).
2. Ground almonds, and put aside.
3. Place bananas, cacao powder, espresso and some water if needed in mixer and mix until your coffee cream, has a moussy consistency.
4. Pour the coffee mousse over oats and cover with almonds.
5. Now place it in the fridge or have right away. Enjoy.
Coffee, if consumed in small quantities reduces the risk of dying from heart disease and diabetes. A recent study carried out that men who drank 4 to 5 coffee each day cut their risk of developing Parkinson’s disease by nearly half compared to those who consumed little or no coffee each day. Also your immune system will be stronger and your mental performance will be better thanks to a daily coffee intake. ( Please cut out the milk and the sugar. )
Oats are great. They have a higher concentration of well-balanced protein than other cereals and they contain a good balance of essential fatty acids, which have been linked with longevity and general good health. They enhance performance when ingested 45 minutes to 1 hour before exercise of moderate intensity. There is so much more to say… Next time!