Hey guys, as you know I have been very absent lately. I am currently working for Lush, and I love it! If you haven’t heard of it yet, go check out their products. They are awesome! Hand made, fresh and all the products are labeled as „non animal tested“. Also I am still struggling to finish my bachelors degree, next examination is on Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. Hope you enjoy this recipe. So yummy and very very easy to do.
– FOUR LAYERS OF SIN –
for 6; vegan
– 2 bananas
– 2 cups of ground hazelnuts
– 1 cup of cacao powder
– 1 cup of water or coconut milk
– 2 cups of cashews
– 1 pack of vanilla sugar
– 2 cups of water
– 4 cups of coconut cream (skim upper part of coconut milk)
– 3 tbsp. of cinnamon
– 3 cups of oats
– 1 cup of mixed nuts
– 1 tbsp. of organic honey / agave syrup
1. Mix bananas, ground hazelnuts, cacao powder with one cup or less of water or coconut milk in a food processor until you get a smooth cream.
2. Fill hazelnut cream equally into six glasses.
1. Crush cashews in a food processor, put into a bowl, add vanilla sugar and 2 cups of water and let cashews soak for 10 minutes.
1. Pour coconut milk in a big bowl and whip with cinnamon powder for 10 minutes.
2. Heat honey in a pan with oats and chopped nuts and roast for 5 minutes under constant stirring.
Place first the cashew cream (LAYER 2) and then the coconut cream (LAYER 3) over hazelnut cream (LAYER 1).
There are several ways to enjoy this dish:
- have it right away with the warm roasted oats on top.
- You can also let the dessert cool down for 20 min. and add oats later.
Oats contain manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and zinc. They are also rich in carotenoids, tocols and flavonoids. They lower the risk of heart disease, coronary artery disease and colorectal cancer. It’s a low calorie food and stop cravings.
Cashews are full with proanthocyanidins, which starve tumors and stop cancer cells from dividing. They have a lower fat content than most other nuts, and they contain copper and are particularly rich in magnesium which helps to lower blood pressure and diminishes the frequency of migraine attacks.