Oh my. Guys? You have to try this one. So good. I bought the okras at the indian shop next door, keep looking for them at international or asian shops as well. Anyway this is a (quite) low fat, high carb recipe, you can replace the cashews with coconut milk, still gonna taste amazing. Plus, I found out how to actually prepare rice. You probably think that cooking rice is an easy thing, which it is, but I find that it doesn’t always turn out that good. So check out the short instructions below. (Life-changing). You are welcome.
– INDIAN CAULIFLOWER –
for 2-4; vegan & low in fat & gluten free
– 1 cauliflower
– 2 handful of cashews
– a bunch of chives
– 2 carrots
– 2 chilis
– 2 tbsp. of „Pav Bhaji Masala“ (Spice blend for Vegetables)
– 2 tbsp. of curry
– 1 oxheart tomato
– handful of okras
– about 4 papadam
– rice (for 2-4 people)
1. Boil cauliflower for 10 minutes. It should be soft but not too much.
2. In the meanwhile cut carrots and the tomato.
3. Heat pan and add carrots and cashews and let cook for 5 minutes, add the oxheart tomato and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add spices, chili and salt.
4. Put mass in a blender and blend it up until it is a thick sauce. You might have to add a tiny little bit more of water.
5. Heat oven on 200°C. Strain cauliflower and place into an oven dish and cover with sauce.
6. Sprinkle some more of the curry on top. Let bake for 20 minutes. It should start getting a little crisp as you can see on the pictures below, which means that it’s ready.
1. While waiting for your cauliflower dish, you will find time to prepare the okras. Cut them lengthwise and remove stems. Heat pan on maximum heat, when hot add okras and „fry“ them with or with coconut oil. Add some salt, and keep stirring until crisp.
2. Heat pan on maximum heat and bake papadam on both sides for a minute. Make sure the pan is hot enough. You don’t want them to burn before they have turned crispy. (You can find papamdam at indian/internationa shops.)
3. Cut chives and serve aside.
4. Concerning the RICE I found a really promising recipe that I want to share with you. I know you may think „what is so hard about cooking rice?“. Well I usually kind of mess it up, because I used to stir it a lot and I didn’t cover it and so on. Seems like I have been doing it all wrong.
First step: place the desired amount of rice in a cooking pot or a bowl, add water and start stirring the rice with your fingers, what happens now is that the water will turn white because you are removing some of the excess starch. Rinse and drain rice and repeat this step two more times. I know, I know this sounds super annoying, but you will love the result, I promise! This is so worth it.
Next step: Place rice into bowl and add the appropriate amount of water, usually its the double. So put on full heat for 5 minutes until rice starts to boil, now cover with a dish towel which you can knot onto your lid. Put on medium heat, and let the rice do its thing for about 15 to 20 more minutes. Do not stir, ever. You are ready to enjoy the most beautiful rice you have ever had, add some salt or spices like cardamom or saffron or don’t.
Cauliflower contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B9, K and C. If you eat cauliflower regularly will help protect you from free radical damage and reduce risk for diseases caused by oxidative stress such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It is a detox food, which means that it helps the liver to neutralize potentially toxic substances that could lead to cancer. The omega-3 fatty acids rich vegetable helps to prevent from chronic inflammation that leads to conditions such as arthritis and chronic pain.
Okras contain vitamins A, C, K, B3, B1, folate, and magnesium. They promote a healthy pregnancy, help with kidney disease, and promote healthy skin.