Hey guys, are you looking for a yummy stress relieve? Have you considered integrating lavender into your life? Lavender is as old as mankind, it calms anxiety and provides natural stress relief. I always had a thing for lavender when it comes to natural oils, perfumes and such, but when it comes to food, I wasn’t convinced. Now I am. My friend Limi got me a bottle of lavender syrup and I couldn’t resist to give it a try. It works so perfectly well with coconut and lime. What a fresh and relaxing cream to have with your yummy waffles. For the waffles I decided to go with a rye hazelnut peanut mixture. Basically all you need is flour, starch and milk, the rest is just making this whole thing divine.
♥︎ ♕ [1. PLACE: 2015 AMA FOOD BLOG AWARD] ♕ ♥︎
– LAVENDER LIME WAFFLES –
for 6; vegan, low fructose
– 200g of wheat whole grain flour
– 100g of rye whole grain flour
– 150g of ground hazelnut
– 50g of demerara sugar
– 750 ml or more of plant-based milk
– 2 tbsp. peanut butter
– 1 tbsp. molasses
– 1 tbsp. natron
– 1 1/2 tbsp. of starch
– 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
– coconut oil
LAVENDER LIME CREAM
– 750 ml coconut milk (60%)
– juice of 2 limes
– 50 ml of lavender syrup
– 3 tbsp. of coconut sugar
– 1 tbsp. of guar gum
DECORATION: blueberries, huckleberries, blackberries and herbs such as: mint, lavender, dill, and basil.
LAVENDER LIME CREAM
1. Cool coconut milk the night before. The creamy part will stay on top. I use one with 60% coconut extract and 40% water.
2. Beat coconut cream for 10 minutes with a hand mixer, slowly add guar gum by sieving it in. Also add lime juice, lavender syrup and coconut sugar. Beat until a thick mass has formed, keep in fridge until waffles are done.
1. Bring together rye and wheat flour, ground hazelnut, sugar, natron, starch, cinnamon and salt.
2. Heat milk with peanut butter and molasses until liquid. Slowly bring together dry and liquid ingredients until you end up with a smooth mass.
4. Heat waffle maker, add a tiny piece of coconut oil and dough. Make yourself some yummy waffles.
Decorate! Works perfectly well with fresh herbs, berries and lavender.
Rye is a good source of soluble fiber, it contributes to cardiovascular health, prevents cancer and manages diabetes. It has been found to promote weight control and digestive health. Rye is very nutrient dense, supplying high levels of iron, calcium, zinc, vitamin E and B. A study in Finland found that consuming rye bread offers protection against colon cancer, it binds to bile acids that may trigger this disease while safely eliminating them from the body.
Lavender has important health benefits such as its ability to relieve stress, improve mood and promote restful sleep. If you regularly struggle with insomnia or anxiety brewing a few lavender flowers in hot water and creating a peaceful good night tea has very positive effects on the nervous system. Lavender also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The relaxing qualities of lavender can also help the heart by reducing blood pressure and easing tension of blood vessels.