Hey guys, toast anyone? Last week I remembered how much I loved grilled cheese sandwiches when I was a kid. I am not the biggest fan of cheese substitutes because I don’t like most of them and I find them quite expensive. So this cheese sandwich thingy is one of my favorite creations. You can make variations of any kind, you can use zucchinis or eggplants instead of mushrooms and you could actually leave out the veggies and keep it all „potatoey“. This stuff reminds me of the good old bad eating habits days. Not that I want to go back. Note: not healthy 😉
– MUSHROOMS & TOASTED BREAD –
4 toasts; vegan & fructose free
– 5 potatoes – boiled, peeled and mashed
– 8 toast slices
– marjoram & thyme
– olive oil
Tip: Serve with Ketchup or Sriracha hot chili sauce.
1. Boil potatoes for 30 minutes, cool under cold water and start peeling.
2. Place them in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher or a fork.
3. Add salt, olive oil and thyme.
4. Wash mushrooms and cut in thin slices, fry them for 5 minutes in a pan with olive oil, salt and marjoram.
5 Spread potato mash evenly on one side of the toast slices, add mushrooms, and place the sandwiches on a grill.
Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free and low in sodium also they provide selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D. They play an important role in the nervous system, they help to maintain healthy red blood cells and they promote healthy skin. Antioxidants like selenium protects body cells from damage that might lead to chronic disease. Is a high-energy-density food, which means they have few calories given the volume of food.