Dear food enthusiasts,
on Monday, February 22nd a new delicious restaurant opens in Graz. It is called MANGOLDS vis-a-vis and you might already know its big sister MANGOLDS. If you are a fan of the buffet you will love the new à la carte menu even more! The three main topics are „homemade“, „far-east“ and „mediterranean“. The ingredients are certified organic and they put a strong focus on regional products. Today we got to taste wine, fresh smoothies, vegan burgers, sweet black rice, couscous and vegan scrambled eggs (secret recipe!). I am a big fan of the vegan roasted cauliflower, which is served with vegan mayonnaise. Everything I ate tasted amazing. Also I really love the sophisticated interior design by the architect Helmut Friedrich.
– the location itself. It is so close to the Karl Franzens University, and not too far from the University of Technology. I can see myself taking a long walk with my boyfriend through the city center and park to finally enjoy vegan food on a Sunday. (I live right at the other part of town.)
– I really love the materials. Old visible wooden beams, wooden handcrafted furniture, copper and clay covered walls.
– The natural daylight creates such a pleasant atmosphere.
– Also the staff was very friendly and helpful.
– The whole concept seems very thoughtful and lovely, and I think I did not see any leather furniture! Thank you.
One little drawback:
– MANGOLDS is „just“ a completely vegetarian restaurant, but hey 50% of the menu is vegan, and another 50% is gluten free. So I’d say that is a great place for people who have intolerances too.
4 of 5
(Would give it 5 stars if it was completely vegan!)
Monday – Sunday from 08:00 until 24:00.
(Wow, finally a vegetarian/vegan place to go to on Sunday.)
08:00 – 11:30 breakfast
11:30 – 15:00 lunch menu
15:00 – 24:00 coffee and cake
18:00 – 24:00 dinner menu
+43 316 718002
From Jakominiplatz take Bus Nr. 31 to „Graz uni/RESOWI“ or Bus Nr. 39 to „Wirtschaftskammer“ and exit at „Uni/Mensa“ or „Universität“. You can find it at the very end of Zinzendorfgasse.