Hey guys. Today I have a little surprise for you. I am super happy about this featuring on Sand and Such. From the moment Verena launched her blog I was totally in love with it. Great idea, sweet design. Simply put: an amazing concept that will freshen up the blogging scene. She is going to introduce you to people around the world and their sleeping habits. So this recipe is a little gift for her, a sandy & rocky landscape telling the story of a man, his dog and a donkey.
Sadly I don’t have a balanced sleeping pattern. Inherited sleeping issues yay. You can read more about it on her blog soon, and find out how I spend my mornings. Also I really love the pictures Thomi and me took. I just love our apartment, so cozy and peaceful. This recipe probably doesn’t look like you can eat any of it, but you can. Nice cream (Banana – Nana – Nice cream) and sweet roasted sand. It’s not really sand. Read more about it below. Play with food.
♥︎ ✌︎ [COLLABORATION] ✌︎ ♥︎
– SAND AND SUCH –
for 1-6; vegan & gluten free & hclf & sugar free
MOUNTAIN NICE CREAM
– 6 frozen organic bananas
– 1 handful of black sesame seeds
– ground vanilla beans
– 2 handfuls of ground oats
– 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar
– 4 cashews
– 4 almonds
– 4 hazelnuts
MOUNTAIN NICE CREAM
1. Yesterday: cut and freeze your ripe organic bananas. If they look pretty, they are not ripe. We want spots.
2. Nice cream? Easy! First blend black sesame seeds with just a dash of water, add frozen bananas & ground vanilla. Use a spoon or a tamper. The less water you have to add, the better. If you don’t have a high speed blender, let bananas defrost for a couple of minutes.
1. How to make edible sand: blend oats, cashews, almonds and hazelnuts and heat for 10 minutes with coconut sugar on medium heat. Stir! You want it to be crunchy.
Layering! Form nana ice cream mountains and cover your land with sand. Enjoy <3
Bananas keep mid-morning cravings at bay, your best choice are having bananas for breakfast. They are a healthy carbohydrate that keeps you feeling fuller longer. They are loaded with potassium, which is an electrolyte that helps lower blood pressure naturally. Bananas also contain vitamins A and C, E, B as well as calcium iron, magnesium. A breakfast that will make you hydrated, happy and full.
Oats are great. They have a higher concentration of well-balanced protein than other cereals and they contain a good balance of essential fatty acids, which have been linked with longevity and general good health. They enhance performance when ingested 45 minutes to 1 hour before exercise of moderate intensity. There is so much more to say.