Hey there. So I had a lot to do last week, now I am enjoying easter holidays. Three entire weeks! (Which doesn’t actually mean that I have holidays there is so much work to do for my last bachelor projects.) I had this smoothie 2 times last week and there are several reasons why I love it so so much:
- Perfect meal for busy people.
- Super healthy energy boost
- If you don’t like spinach, don’t worry. The bananas and the cinnamon are the dominating tastes.
- The riper the banana the sweeter.
- Just a tiny bit of mint enhances to flavor.
– SPINACH & CINNAMON SMOOTHIE-
I know, I know, another green smoothie? If you have not been part of the hype yet, what is keeping you from it? You can have a sweet but still healthy meal. Vegan fast food at it’s best. If you have kids and they are picky try this recipe and let me know if you actually got them to eat raw spinach. You won’t be disappointed.
for 1 or 2; vegan & gluten free & low in fructose
– 1 1/2 ripe bananas
– 1 cup of soy milk ( or 2 cups of water )
– 1 cup of water
– 1 handful of frozen spinach
– 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
– 3 mint leaves
- Blend all the ingredients. Enjoy.
Spinach is loaded with a lot of anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents. It is a good source of Vitamin C, E & A, manganese, zinc and selenium. It is difficult to find vegetables that are richer in Vitamin K1 than spinach. Vitamin K1 plays an important role as a non collagen protein in healthy bones.
Cinnamon has been proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility, and reduces pain linked to arthritis. Also it reduces chronic inflammation which is linked with neurological disorders like alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors and multiple sclerosis. Contains fiber, calcium, iron and manganese.