Hey guys. I am so busy with life. So many good and bad things happened in the past weeks. Today I want to honor the life and death of my favorite cat buddy that passed away on friday. He turned 17 this year and he was my very best friend. I didn’t see him much the last couple of years. Once you move out of your parents house, you have your own life and in my case other pets to take care of, so I didn’t have as much time for him as I should have. That is something I truly regret. He was an extraordinary cat. So lovely. One of a kind. I really miss that cute little ball of fur. This tiramisu is just a small comfort, but comes with love. Compared to the original recipe, it is much lower in calories.
– TIRAMISU I. –
for 6; vegan & gluten free
– 1 pack silken tofu
– 300 ml of coconut cream
– juice of one orange
– 2 tbsp. of vanilla sugar
– 1 cup of grated coconut
– 1/3 cup of cane sugar
– 2 cups of almonds
– 2 cups of oats
– 1 tbsp. of agave syrup
– 2 cl of rum
– 2 espressi
– cacao powder
1. Blend grated coconut, cane sugar, almonds, oats and oat bran in a food processor until finely crushed.
2. Add agave syrup, rum, and the coffee and mix.
1. In a separate bowl mix silken tofu, coconut cream, the orange juice and the vanilla sugar with a hand mixer.
2. Prepare dish, and start making layers.
1. Pass cacao powder through a sieve on top of the tiramisu.
2. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Enjoy.
Silken tofu is a great protein source that is low in fat. Also it is low in calories and high in calcium. Very versatile, it will easily absorb whatever flavors it’s cooked with. It contains iron, copper and manganese. They are responsible for an enzyme that destroys free radicals, and copper can help reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.