Hey guys, so today I want to share a delicious dish, perfect for those hot summer days. Its easy & its healthy. A great way to use all of those home-gardened zucchinis. I really enjoyed the vegan „feta“ which I found at REFORMDROGERIE WEINKOPF in Graz. Tastes pretty good.
– ZUCCHINI LASAGNA WITH VEGAN FETA –
for 2-4; vegan & low in fat & gluten free
– 3-4 zucchinis (depending on size, mine was enormous)
– 1 pkg of VegiBelle (totally tastes like feta)
– 4 handfuls of arugula
– 2 handfuls of basil
– 200 grams of soy granules
– 3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
– 2 chilis
– 3 cloves of garlic
– sea salt
– olive oil
1. Cut Zuccini into strips, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Heat oven, drain of water and place on baking tray, don’t forget about the baking paper. Let bake until they get soft and slightly roasted.
2. Pour hot water over soy granules and let them sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Meanwhile cut tomatoes into tiny pieces and fry them with olive oil, some of the garlic and the finely chopped chili on medium heat (add chili least). When soy granules get soft, add them as wenn and the let the whole thing simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Put arugula, the rest of the garlic and basil into food processor or blender, add a little bit of water and make a smooth pesto. I added too much water as you can see.
5. Cut VegiBelle into thin strips.
6. When everything is ready start layering your zucchini lasagna on the desired plates. First zucchini, add some pesto, then the bolognese sauce and some vegibelle on top. Repeat this two to three times.
7. Now you are almost ready, just top with some raw freshly grated celery root. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Zucchini contains dietary fiber which helps to lower cholesterol. The high levels of vitamin C and A prevent you from atherosclerosis. It lowers blood pressure because zucchinis help to alleviate the stress on the body’s circulatory system.
Arugula seems to be especially useful in protecting against certain chancres. It helps to regulate immune function and when consumed freshly it is loaded with vitamin C. It is very low in calories ( about 0.5 calories per leaf ) and has an incredible cooling effect on the body making in a great summer salad classic. Arugula further helps to reduce inflammation and the high levels of vitamin K play a crucial role in bone health.